Poetry (Postmodernism)

A Letter to Myself
By : Melissa Paiz


The clock strikes three in the morning and I find myself still awake
Tossing and turning
Thinking and thinking about the day that awaits.
My mind is against me
But my heart tells me to be strong.
It tells me that I will eventually find my euphoric key -
I just need to hold on.
There are reasons why people live on and face the mundane
And sometimes bleak hours of this thing we call life.
There are reasons we enjoy the sunrise,
Every morning bird’s song,
And how some people push the thought of suicide away and put down the knife.
The laughter loved one’s cause,
The warmth of a hug and a sweet late night kiss,
It is in these moments that the wounded souls find bliss.
I've written words of hatred towards myself for many years,
Words that I'd never call anyone else,
Words filled with anger and fears.
Dear me who has pushed through pain,
Attempted ending of all,
And has built an indestructible wall to protect what's left of a broken person.
You love so much and yet never give the same amount to yourself
You help other when they fall,
But you hurt yourself instead of asking for help
You see all of your faults and tear yourself down,
You continue this cycle until you start to drown.



This poem was written by Melissa Paiz on June 25, 2018. This poem belongs to postmodernism.  In her YouTube account, she tries to attract everyone by way of telling more about her feelings that have been trying to rise from the depression experienced, and motivate others to get up from depression.  Every word refers to strengthening herself in order to love herself more, and not to despair let alone end her life.  Melissa's viewers responded to the work very well. They said thanks for motivating them to get up and love life more.  During the writing of the poem she focused on motivation for oneself and others to get through a very severe depression.  We can see and listen to melissa poems from YouTube, Twitter, Wattpad, Wordpress, ig accounts, named Mel's Thoughts, @ xMoonlight.Melx, xmoonlight, koiandkirai.wordpress, @Moonlight_Mel.  The result  analysis of this poem for my life is that we must try to face the problem and motivate ourselves and others.

Komentar